1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a loop

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blakphlamz, Apr 12, 2014.

1. blakphlamz

I am a 14 year old boy, and am leaving eigth grade. I am more of an extrovert, and have a descent amount of acquaintances and friends at my school. I'm pretty positive I'm gay, and have actually told 2 of my closest friends. The only problem is that those two were both girls, and people you've known for practically your entire life, which makes it much less awkward.

My main problem is telling my parents, who could react in an almost infinite number of ways, a good majority of them bad. I've kinda been in this limbo for the past year, just sort of going through the motions of each day. I haven't really talked to my friends about this, because I don't think they'd have much to say, andI don't like it when they worry.

So I ask in this thread:

How do I tell my parents, and maybe even the rest of my friends?

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well as you are still dependant on your parents, do tread with care as it can have bad repercussions. Perhaps you could try and gauge their attitude towards homosexuality in general by working it into a conversation. If they are totally against it, I would suggest possibly not mentioning it to them until you have financial independence and can take care of yourself. That way any backlash won't be as devastating.

If they are ok with homosexuality, you could consider approaching them about it. Wait until you are all relaxed and in a good mood (as they will probably deal with it better and you will portray your expressions better, not coming across like you are uncertain about it) and try and work it into a general conversation rather than saying "you have something to tell them" as this makes it sound like you have some terrible news which will put them on edge.

If you are going to tell them, think about what you are going to say and also of answers to any questions they may have to show you have given it a lot of thought and you are certain about how you feel. There is nothing worse than when people don't believe you when you tell them something like this.

But above all remember, there is nothing wrong with being gay, and nothing has really changed about you as a person. They have just gained a bit if new information and you are still the same as you were ten minuets before they knew.

Anyway, hope this helps and that you get on well.

Happy days :slight_smile: