1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to Parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeenageLesbian, Apr 12, 2014.

1. TeenageLesbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm a lesbian and I've known it for a while now. I've come out to my close friends and now I want to come out to my parents but I have no idea how to. I know that they would be ok with it and aren't homophobic. I've tried dropping hints but that hasn't worked and they don't seem to have any idea at all, so I think I would have to be pretty clear for them to get it. Any advice?

2. Silver Sparrow

Write them a letter, maybe? That's what I'm planning on doing with my parents.

3. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a parent you feel would be more supportive? When I came out, I came out to my mom first. It really helped to have one parent I knew I could count on if my dad freaked out. As how to come out, that's really up to you. I came out to my mom directly, in a conversation. This may be too direct for you, so writing a letter to a parent may be better. Just be sure that you actually hand deliver it to the parent it is meant for. You don't want to wrong parent finding the letter. Good luck! Keep us updated!

4. lovely lesbian

You could right them a letter and leave it somewhere where they notice it I was thinking of writing a letter to my parents but my mum knows so need to maybe my dad though keep us updated