1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ilovekat, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ilovekat

ilovekat Guest

Does anyone know what to do if you tell your mum that you're a lesbian and she acts like she is OK with it but then the very next day she sees a lesbian couple and looks at you and then tuts cause that has happened to me and its really annoying me now :/

2. Max921

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your mum just needs time to get used to it. They like to imagine how our lives will play out, and it's diverted a bit from what she thought it would be! She needs time to process some worries. It's good that her reaction was 'OK' - it's a positive sign that she will support you. It was probably weird for her to see that lesbian couple the day after you told her; it brought it home, made it more of a reality. Sounds like tutting was just a knee jerk reaction. She'll come around. Maybe tell her how it hurt your feelings.

#2 Max921, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. ilovekat

ilovekat Guest

Thank you so much its really helped me being here actually talking about it :slight_smile: I have talked to her again in the past last year actually but its like she still doesn't want to know ... Its hard not wondering if she really loves me sometimes even though I know its a silly thing to think.

4. lovely lesbian

Our parents have this idea for their children that we should marry a nice man or woman settle down and have kids but it doesn't always work out that way and yea they might be disappointed but she's your mum and she loves you

5. ilovekat

ilovekat Guest

I know right haha thank you it means a lot for someone to say that :slight_smile: its been so hard the past 3years, people keep saying I'm too young to make these decisions yet but I know how I feel, sorry don't mean to rant haha where bouts do you live in the uk-i live near sandwich .... Whenever I tell someone that they always go 'what in a ham sandwich' it gets really tiring hahaha!