1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone still feel awkward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does anyone else feel awkward when talking about how they love the same gender? Anytime I talk about how guys are cute with my friend it feels awkward to me and my body acts wierd (sweat, slow breathing) but I guess it's a natural response of fear. Anyone else

2. blakphlamz

Let me tell you this:
    It's gonna feel awkward for a long time. Eventually, you become numb to the awkwardness, and just converse normally. This requires you to grow comfortable at the subject of your sexuality, which you obviously are not. Just hang in there bro-I know how it feels.

-The worlds best homosexual 12 year old

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I mean, I think used to when I first came out as bi, but I got over that pretty quickly. I reasoned that to feel awkward about it would seem to indicate that I am somehow ashamed of it. But there is nothing wrong with liking the same gender. I like both and I feel perfectly happy with that truth.

Hot days :slight_smile:

4. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, at the stage i'm in, even talking about guys being cute is out of the question, let alone feeling awkward about it.

My current problem is more on the private side of things. I have this awkwardness when getting intimate with guys. Even though I like guys, something holds me back from taking encounters to higher levels. Hopefully this issue go's away quickly.

5. LostAndAffraid

I haven't had a Frank discussion about the guys I like yet, looking back I know which ones I was attracted to but I shut down that side of my brain when I was younger. Refused to let myself feel it (even though I still felt it)

I can imagine talking about it now though and it does seem like it would be a little awkward.

6. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yes, somehow I feel awkward especially if the one I'm talking to is a straight girl,you don't know how they would react if you tell them about how you feel with the same gender yet I still do talk to them openly and with honesty about those stuff.

7. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I feel awkward when I manage to talk to a male about how cute they are

8. Reika

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm to confuse to answer i suppose. "I shall make a lot of friends" is the only line that i can think of right now!

9. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I have found the awkwardness tends to go away the more comfortable I have become with myself and what I like. Now I find it awkward when people flirt with me but don't make it clear what they want. If they just say outright if they have interest or not I am comfortable.

10. Theron

I mostly feel awkward about it anymore because my fiance gets all pitiful if I say another guy is cute. XD

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I only feel awkward talking about girls with my straight friends, who are all girls. I think it's because they can't relate vs if I talked about guys with them.

12. Emmanuella

INCREDIBLY AWKWARD!!! Especially in person (I am far more comfortable by text!)... less so with my bi friends. But I have a hard time bringing up girls with my straight friends... It's like I'm scared of 'reminding' them that I'm somehow different/weird...

13. Silas

I've gotten comfortable talking about crushes and stuff online, but in-person it would be super awkward for me, especially since most of the peeps I interact with are straight and I'm not sure how they'd react... I tend to just avoid the subject altogether.