1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in one awkward place

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by striker, Apr 13, 2014.

1. striker

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm currently dating my bestfriend and I don't know how to tell her that I'm gay.
    I realised that I've been going from one heterosexual relationship to another because I was afraid of coming to terms with it. My girlfriend knows everything about me and my past yet I've been keeping this from her and I feel horrible.
    I'm really stuck with what to do now, my girlfriend is also my flatmate and I know she will be crushed if I tell her and make living circumstances really awkward.
    To make things worst we live together with 3 other best friends and we do the same degree.
    Any advise is good advise! I feel so alone

2. blakphlamz

First things first:
    You came to the right place if you feel alone. People will ALWAYS help you out here.

I think that you should start by gauging her attitude towards homosexuality.(Starting out with the obvious advice). I would then move on to your other faltmates, if you plan to tell them. If they/she are okay with it, I would just be honest with her. Tell her how you feel and that for a long time you were trying to come to terms with who you are. I would also apologize for lying to her all this time, just in case she might be fumed. (Not saying that has a huge chance, but it could happen).

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2014 at 01:44 AM ----------

Sorry, sent it before I could say this:

Just remember: you are who you are, and exceptiing that is the majority of the battle: The finish is in sight.)

-Copyright Soneel Neumann 2014