1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it REASONABLE?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Emmanuella, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

Is it reasonable to plan on NEVER coming out to certain friends. I am out to probably the majority of my close friends...but I have one close friend that I am pretty sure (not 100%) might be a little homophobic, and I really don't know how she would react. I think coming out to her would be VERY awkward. She used to work with me and at one point I heard her scold another coworker for calling someone gay...but I'M NOT convince that it was due to said friend wanting to be supportive of gay people.

I don't know...I mean, she'd ask me about who I'm dating eventually (we've been friends for about 3 or 4 years so she must be wondering what's going on). Does it even make SENSE to stay in the closet with close friends....without flat out lying!?! Does anyone have any stories to share??

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    If there isn't any reason to tell them, you don't have to. If you don't have a partner it might be especially awkward, they might think you're hitting on them.

3. Emmanuella

haha...would they really? Luckily I haven't had that happen yet! Hmmm...I just don't want this friend to think that I was 'lying all along'. Because the truth does usually eventually come out (especially since she knows some of the friends who know I'm bi).

4. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well, the bit about people thinking you're hitting on them is just speculation more than anything... when, one of my best friends told me he was bi and that I was one of the few people he told, I thought it might mean something more. :confused: