1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ohkami, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Ohkami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know everyone has a story, and it's crazy how one has to "come out", but let's face it.... Society doesn't like different. So, it's bad enough being the only artist in my family, the only kid without a degree, and the only vegetarian in a Cajun family.... The next step is, how does only explain to super born-against Christians, republican, anti-same sex marriage, anti-sex change parents that one is bisexual, in a relationship with a girl (though... I'm not sure if I can be strong enough for our relationship sometimes anyone....), and dying to not be female anymore. Sure, I was the son my dad didn't have, but he doesn't even know I'm in therapy and on medication for depression, and on one but my girlfriend and best friend knows of when I tried to kill myself and hurt myself. So, well, what the hell? Then my only living grandparent is just as bad, and is already mad, like my dad, that I'm atheist.... :/ Also, my dad is undergoing cancer treatment, and was given to August of this year... So, what should one do? Advice? Lie? Stay quiet? I already haven't told them about a lot of stuff in my past.... (My eldest sister rapped me when I was a kid, and my ex boyfriend did as well.... And I was almost again when on a date twice...) So, my life is pretty f-ed up already, and I have trouble being touched and sleeping, and these thoughts never stop! I just.... I want them to know, but know it won't end well....

2. Ohkami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah.... Figured it there was little to no advice.... Thanks anyway. :/

3. thrnvlpidj

If your dad has only a few months to live I think you should just stay quiet. What does your therapist think?

4. Ohkami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You think? I don't know.... I feel like it's wrong either way. Like, ya know, living a lie or something, and I wish I could tell them all about my girlfriend.... My therapist and I missed a few apts due to me.... So, we haven't talked about that part yet. Over all, we're still working on my boundaries with me no liking people.

5. thrnvlpidj

You shouldn't feel compelled to come out if you don't want to.