1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i sorta off came out to a family member and now regret it :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shy825, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Shy825

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Told my sister via text that Im going to town to hang out with someone I met online. She immediately asked if it was a girl I met via internet dating.
    I said no just someone I've been talking to online. But that yes it was via an online dating thing. But that Im only looking for mates to hang out with as not everyone uses these sites for dating purposes. I said people use them when they move to a new city and don;t know anyone so its a good tool to make friends with people. Especially for me since all my close friends have moved away from the town I live in and that its the only way for me to make new mates.
    She then said right but is it a boy or a girl?

I said its a dude and that again I'm looking for a drinking buddy to hang out with etc.

I told her not to tell our parents lol coz they'd worry about me meeting strangers online.
    That way i think it sounds like i want it to be kept a secret but not because i'm closeted.

I hope she really does think I'm just meeting guys to make friends with and not that I am after a date with a guy.

I feel so sad and nervous now. I quite liked being 100% in the closet but now someone close to me could be suspicious and the next time i see my sister i dunno what to do.

I will just act normally i guess...hope she believes that I'm just after mates and that she doesn't think i am gay...even though i am.

2. King

Is it the end of the world if she does find out? You could have someone to talk to in the future, or will she tell others? Or is she homophobic?

3. Shy825

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're right its not the end of the word if she found out. She wouldn't tell anyone and she isn't homophobic.

Maybe its just early days. I'm still dealing with the emotions of going out on my first date/meet with a gay guy and thinking about whats going to happen next. So having to deal with the possibility of my sister knowing on top of what i'm already struggling over is a bit much atm lol.