1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperately want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hii, Apr 15, 2014.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    but I'm not sure if I should. I'm transgender (I'm pretty darn sure of it now) and being in the closet has started really bothering me.

I just really want people to treat me as a guy and I think part of why I love posting threads on EC so much is because I can be myself.

I've been getting more and more withdrawn in real life. Not as much so to my best friend who knows I'm transgender but sometimes I wonder if she realizes how serious I am about it.

I've been getting really upset about my height lately because I'd be short as a male and I just want to be a normal guy. I wonder if I'll feel better about it if I come out, though.

But I've only known for a few weeks myself and I don't want this to end up being just a phase and I don't know if this is a good time and I don't want to hurt my parents and make them feel like they're losing their daughter...

I don't know what to do. :icon_sad:

2. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    C'mon guys, help? (Bump :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

3. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welp, I'd say listen to your heart. You should come out when you feel able to, but don't mistake your fear for not being comfortable. My fear over powers me sometimes, but I know I'm fine with being gay. You'll need to be sure of who you would like to talk to first, or at least have a pretty strong idea. Or, I mean, if you're bold, just shout it to the world, but hey.

Hope that helped a little bit =/ I don't give exemplary advice, but if you ever need to, I'm here to talk to. Although I'm not trans, I do know coming out can be hard, but being closeted can be worse.

Good luck!!

4. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling like this, I'm bisexual so I understand that I'm in a different situation from you but my sister is transsexual so I get why you might feel anxious about telling people.

I think that you should come out, but only when you feel fully ready. The worst thing you can do is live life being someone you're not and if you want to be accepted then you need to let people accept you.

The best advice I can offer for you and your friend is that you should talk to her, I know that's pretty much everyone's answer to everything and that talking isn't always the easiest thing to do but you should sit down with her and tell her that you're really serious about this.

I don't know your parents so I can't speak for them but I think they'll be more hurt if you don't tell them and even if this is a phase it will be easier to figure out with more people to help you.

I hope this is useful in some ways, I'm very new to all this and this is the advice I'd give myself and did give to my sister. Xxx :slight_smile:

5. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good advice from both of you. Thanks.

6. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well you could try coming out to more friends before your parents.

7. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shut up, I don't have any more friends! Err, maybe I kind of do. But as lame as this sounds my parents are better friends than they are. We'll see.