1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom doesn't like any of my female friends and I think she might know i'm lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stocking, Apr 15, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom has voiced dislike for my female friends , she doesn't like my high school friend because she had a child at a young age plus out of wedlock , so I get that . But she can not stand my other friend who she has never met , she doesn't like that I use to spend nights at my friends house away from home she also gets upset when my friend class the house . My friend is married and does the dream job that I would love to do . My mom would say she's a bad friend because my friend never brought me anything like she does like purses and shoes . She then says it's because my friend doesn't come see me all the time , which my friend and I made plans but I always have to cancel because my mom would force me to go do something with her . My mom would ask me to go spend holidays with her and her friends but if I want to hang out with my friend I"m a bad person . Mom always makes fun of me and says I don't have any friends and I'm a loser ,told me when I didn't have friends to get some friends and let her live her life Now I have friends and she hates them . I'm thinking maybe it's not about my friends and it has to do with the fact that my mom might know or be thinking I'm a lesbian so she's trying to destroy or come between any friendship with a woman that i have to stop me from being lesbian , She had thought I was lesbian in the past because I didn't have a boyfriend or any men around the house in general . She stopped thinking I was when she say random guys hitting on me and when I ran into male friends from college . but to me it seems like she doesn't want me to be friends with women at all and always says bad thing about my friends .

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: My mom doesn't like any of my female friends and I think she might know i'm lesbi

You remember that conversation we had about how your mum is COMPLETELY INSANE? I'm pretty sure that still applies.

Honestly, I don't think she knows, I think she's just nuts. Given how she reacts to everything else in your life I would expect her response to you being a lesbian to be something like a shotgun wedding to the first man she found on her way out of your house, a one way trip to a gay-away camp or a round-the-clock watch to make sure you never saw a woman again, certainly not limited to your friends...

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: My mom doesn't like any of my female friends and I think she might know i'm lesbi

Your right I forgot about that chat , I'm sorry I didn't think about that at first . I thought how she suspected me in the past that might be it but she would be acting a lot crazier and do the things you said . Maybe she just wants me to be alone :confused:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Maybe she just wants me to be alone

I wouldn't even go that far. If you are accurately reporting your mums behaviour then I would say that even SHE doesn't know what she wants.

On the one hand she wants your money, on the other its worthless. On the on hand you need to earn, on the other your job means nothing. On the one hand you're and adult on the other you're not to be trusted with anything.

I don't think she wants you to be alone, I genuinely don't think she knows what she wants or the affect it has on you. She seems to be completely unaware the affect she has on HERSELF let alone anybody else.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I think so too