1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cm25, Jul 27, 2008.

1. cm25

cm25 Guest

so it started as me thinkin I'm gay cuz I liked guys and I think I labelled myself too fast because I am starting to sorta have feelings for guys and girls. Is that normal for people to "change"??? And I also have more feelings for guys than girls what does that mean??? Haha these r prolly stupid questions but theylle help me hehe.

2. biisme

Have you ever heard of the Kinsey scale?

This scale suggests that people are not plainly heterosexual or homosexual as often as we're led to believe, but people are varying degrees of the two. Pure bisexuality is not as common as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

It is possible to be bisexual and yet not be completely balanced. You can be 95% one gender and 5% the other gender. Also, ot is not that strange at all for the degree of atractiveness to one gender to change over time. It's not really a change, but more of a "fluctuation."

Also, you don't need to label yourself. If you're not sure, myabe the best thing is to let it be for a little while, come back, and reassess the situation.

3. Lol your questions aren't stupid don't worry. And in this sense, it is normal for people to "change." I thought I was gay before I realized I was bi. And if you have more feelings for guys than for girls that just means you're bi with a preference. Hope that helped lol.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! These are not stupid questions. These are really good questions that a lot of guys/girls your age (or older) have and are asking themselves. Yes it is normal for your feelings to change. Sexual identities are not fixed. Your feelings can change over time. It is possible for you to have a stronger attraction to guys than girls. It might just mean that you feel attracted to them on different levels, which is perfectly normal.

There is no need to label yourself at this stage. Take your time in figuring it all out and what it means. It is true that it can get a bit confusing but if you take your time and don't rush it you will figure it out. Follow what ever feels right to you and with what you feel comfortable with.

Hope this helps!

5. byeee

It's not at all unhelpful, it's actually encompassing a lot... I was thinking of something along those lines but I wouldn't have been able to make it so detailed and so thorough :wink:. Some might consider it a ramble, but I have to admit I identify with some of what you said as well, even though I didn't think of it that way before.

6. emerald

It's not strange at all really, it happens to a lot of people. Sexuality is ever changing, despite the fact that few want to admit it. You don't really have to label yourself, especially not at your age, just be honest with yourself.
    Personally, I've thought of myself as a lesbian since I was 10 or 11, but at the moment I've got a boyfriend. I love him, but I feel no attraction to other men, so I define myself as a pansexual with a female preference.
    Beyond that, everything I would have said was already said by the person a post or two above.

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

Thankyou everyone for the awsome replies it helped alot. I would say If I had to factor it out I would prolly be 75% boys but I rily dk yet haha. But Thankyou alot and NONE of them were long rambles I read through em all thouroughly hehe. And ibthink it helped me to know that it's normal to have a pregerance. :slight_smile:Thanx again:slight_smile:

8. cm25

cm25 Guest

preference*** hehehe oops I don't think it would be normal for me to be pregnant!!! :eusa_naug Haha

9. Sam

Sam

Its perfectly normal for your sexuality to change and evolve throughout your life. Sexuality is complicated and confusing and it takes time to figure it out. You are young and have a long time to figure it out so don't worry about it too much.

I wouldn't worry about trying to label yourself either, sometimes people can't fit themselves into a nice little label. (I absolutely hate labels and find we only have them to please other people, which I think is stupid) be yourself and don't worry about hurrying to find out what you like.

Good luck!

Sam

10. Derek the Wolf

That's completely normal bro. Bisexuality is never completely 50/50. If you're attracted to borth girls and guys, you're probably bi. You may have a personal preference one way or the other, but that doesn't change anything. I'm bi, and I tend to lean more towards girls (like 70/30), but it's enough to know that I'm not straight. As for yourself, don't rush into making an assumption about who you are because of this, and DON'T be in a hurry to label yourself as this or that. You are who you are, and a word like gay or bisexual can't change that. Your feelings may be confusing to you right now, so take all the time you need to sort it out. That's what we're here to help you with.