1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bestfriends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChazB, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ChazB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have come out to two best friends both girls I am a guy they really like it and I hate having to feel like it needs to be hidden as its a good thing :slight_smile: its me. I kinda try to drop hints I nearly always wear quite high denim shorts etc and I want everyone to know but at the same time I don't want to feel awkward and when I think about it I feel like I want to tell everyone then when I am with a lot of people like at school I feel like it would be awkward if lots of people knew :slight_smile: if that makes sense is this normal thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. PeytonRose

Do what makes you feel comfortable and if something doesn't feel right then avoid it like the plague. Follow your heart in regards to coming out to people and don't rush things. That's the best way to do our I think ;-)

3. Trentacles

Yeah mate, I'm going through sort of the same thing. (Though I'm not really dropping hints at all or going to to wear high shorts since that's not my thing). Admittedly I think your way more comfortable with your sexuality than I am. But I kind of really want to tell some people from school but I basically have an anxiety attack when I get there and think about th epossibility of everyone finding out. Like I know there are a few guys who don't really like me and I don't want to give them something to use against me. Other than that I doubt to many people other than my gf I just broke up with would care. Like if my mates know then great but I just feel like they would leak it somehow and screw me.

Are there any other openly gay guys at your school? / how do people treat them?

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what feels right to you! Never do something because you feel you have to! You don't have to come out to everyone unless you really want to. Just a few really good friends is ok :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2014 at 06:16 AM ----------

@WinterSwimmer If you really want to come out at school then try to see if maybe your school has a GSA (gay/straight alliance). You can find loads of great people to talk to and be yourself around :slight_smile: If not, maybe you could get one going...?