1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet History

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confeshhhions, Apr 16, 2014.

1. confeshhhions

I used my sisters laptop earlier and I purposely didn't delete the history after visiting this sight. Providing she notices, do you think I should still tell hjer? Or just let her find out from that?

I don't want her to find out in a disrespectful way, but I just don't see the point in labelling myself. I just want to be me.

Any thoughts?

2. gaynerd64

Honestly, I've considered doing just that...

3. Trentacles

Just say something. Isn't it more awkward if she reads this post (well not this one but yours), connects the two, and you don't say something?

#3 Trentacles, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol

I did something similar a few days after I came out (sorta, mostly) to my mom...just to try to nail home the point of what I said in my email to her. I had to use her computer and I purposefully left a few LGBT sites on her history. (And almost nothing else.)

Since she hasn't talked to me about it since my email and has exhibited denial since, I just thought I'd use that as a reminder/nudge, should she check her history.

Problem is, though, most people, if they have no reason to, don't often just "accidentally" check their history. :/ I'm sure you're aware of that likely pitfall, though...

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The problem with deleting the internet history is it deletes all the browsing history, not just your EC visits. At some point you might have to answer "why does it act like I'm visiting my sites for the first time every time I used the computer?"

6. LadyLover

I used to consider doing that but I think you should speak up and tell her that way she feels like she isnt being cut out of the loop. She could be hurt that you don't tell her to her face.

-LadyLover :kiss: (!)

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, I appreciate subtle (and not subtle) ways of saying I'm gay without saying I'm gay. But...I see two problems with the don't delete EC history approach:
    1. The other person might not ever notice the EC visits. I seldom check my history; usually I only go there if and only if I need to go back to a specific site that interested me that I forgot to bookmark.
    2. The person might notice, but might stay quiet and pretend it never happened. "I see this gay web site. But...until I hear her say she's a lesbian, I'll pretend that nothing happened. Besides, she might be doing some research for a friend or something."

8. IsThisAName

Safari allows you to delete just specific sites, as does Internet Explorer (when I used to use it a long ass time ago). I'd expect Chrome or Firefox to have the same thing. I delete EC from my history on Safari so you definitely don't have to delete everything. (I know this is unrelated but this is just in case anyone is wondering and needs to delete their history.)

9. confeshhhions

Thanks guys!! It's just so difficult to voice thje words.

10. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Depending on what browser you're using you could delete individual pages you've visited from your history; I'm more familiar with Chrome and Firefox which both allow you to browse without it tracking your history (Incognito and Private Browsing, respectively), which could be helpful if you're on someone else's device. Also, depending on how much time had passed between your sister's last use of the laptop and your use, you could just erase all the history from the last hour or few hours in either of those browsers. I'm sure it's similar with others too.

11. XTREMEZish

[/QUOTE]

, as does Internet Explorer [/QUOTE]

Ha, like that works. But as for help. I rarely check my history and I know very few people do. Just tell her even though I know how hard it is, it is worth it