1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend coming out for me... Im not happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by igoloo2946, Apr 16, 2014.

1. igoloo2946

Before I start, I just want to give some background on what happened yesterday. So yesterday my bestfriend (male) and I where talking in my history class because we had a sub ( fyi he knows im gay)and for some reason we started talking about polotics and he is very conservative wherease I am too, but I have some different views. I'm more libertarian than I am republican. Anyways. We started talking about issues such as gun control and other controversial things. As you may have guessed the conversation eventually led into same sex rights. All of a sudden, he started (verbally) attacking me and saying things like "if you believe in same sex marrige and what not, I don't even see how you can be a christian" which I took very personal since I felt that he was condeming me and judging me and telling me that just because I was gay I couldn't be christian. He kept pressing on and on after that and I was just totaly fucking shocked and I had no idea that he felt the way he did about me. It was all very terrible and we had our first fight in 2 years. I called him that night and he apologiesed and we promised each other that we were going to sit down soon and talk about it someday near in the future.

Today In class we were sitting and kind of talking to each other akwardly because of the fight the day before and he told me that one of our friends had asked him if I was gay. He sayed that I should tell her to which I replied that I would, but I swear before I even said anything he walked over to our friend and had a long conversation about me being gay and had her promise not to tell anyone. I was so pissed and I wanted to just ignore him when he came back and go back to fighting but I just didn't have it in me anymore especialy since the day before we had a big fight. I love him but I swear sometimes I feel that when he talks for me I just look so damn stupid. I just want to be able to come out to my friends on my own terms.
    Any advice on the subject?
    Also, I want to talk about issues like these and I just don't know what to say.

2. Just tell him something along the lines of "Thanks for helping me come out to so-and-so, but I would really prefer it to come from me next time, that way if they have questions I will be able to answer them and it doesn't put you in an awkward spot." That way it sounds like you're thinking about him, but you also get your point across to him that you would rather come out yourself.

3. LadyLover

He shouldn't have done that.
    1,You should talk to your school counselor about it.
    2, Dump him as a friend. That is not cool, bro.

-LadyLover :kiss: (!)

P.S. I am so sorry he did that.

4. igoloo2946

Your right, he shouldn't have done it , but on his part I think it was just an act of stupidity and innocence. Him and I are going to have a seriouse talk tommorow, but I don't want to blame him for doing things that when he doesn't know better. I guess I'm just trying to put myself in his situation because he doesn't have any other gay friends.