1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partner stuck in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyLover, Apr 16, 2014.

1. LadyLover

The girl I love is stuck in the closet. She loves me back. What do I do?!

-LadyLover :kiss: (!)

2. LadyLover

P.S. I really want people to know about us because I am super proud to have such an amazing girl love me back. I was bullied alot in elementary school about how I was "Going to be alone forever" and that "No one likes me" and that "I'm ugly".

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't want to answer don't worry about it, but it'd be helpful to know how old you both are. That'll give us sort of an idea of what your girlfriend is dealing with.

Aside from that - Is this something she wants to do? Is she willing to take the time and energy to think about coming out to people, or are you asking this without her knowing?
    Will check back soon. :slight_smile:

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to say without knowing more about the situation. She may have a very good reason to stay in the closet.

5. AJ2014

talk to her about it, see if she ready if she is support her if not again support her and wait until she is ready

6. LadyLover

We are both 13. . . I know. Really young.

7. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, coming out at your age can be a bit different, especially if her parents aren't the understanding type.
    Again I ask - Does she want to come out to her parents, or is she unable to? or are you asking on behalf of her?

8. LadyLover

She doesn't want anyone to know and I am worried that she is ashamed of having me as her girlfriend. That's the part that is the worst for me. She also worries that her parents wouldn't let us have sleepovers anymore if they knew.

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 05:33 PM ----------

Her parents are also a wild card cause her parents seem like they might be okay with it but, they're catholic.

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she doesn't want anyone to know yet, then you should respect that and let her decide when she's ready to start thinking about it.
    Not everyone is comfortable enough with the situation they're in or their sexuality to come out at your age.
    Enjoy what relationship you have and be supportive of her if she brings it up to you, but don't think about outing her without her permission.

If she loves you, then she most likely is not ashamed of having you as a girlfriend. Even if she is ashamed, nothing will be accomplished by outing her prematurely.

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TJ is right - coming out at any age can feel pretty scary and she may not be ready at 13. I was 22 before I summoned up the courage to come out and nothing would have made me do it before then, I just wasn't in the right place. Even then I needed a lot of support and encouragement.

I have the greatest admiration and respect for young people who decide to come out, but some of us just can't do that, even if we are with someone we love and care about. Be patient and let things be. Show support and she may come out sooner rather than later, but no pressure.

11. LadyLover

Linco and TJ, I would never even consider outing her. That would be wrong. She says she "wants our relationship to be free of assholes".

12. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Just wait until she is ready, and if that isn't any time soon, who cares! You found love.

13. LadyLover

Thanks, guys and gals. You're right. I just have to wait. I would do anything for this girl, even though I am very impatient.