1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still struggling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Will2M, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Will2M

So I'm still trying to figure out how to come out. I want to tell all my friends and peers but I have an extreme aversion to coming out to my parents even though I know they are supportive. The idea of telling them they have two non-straight sons bothers me for some reason. I've been thinking of a letter to them? And maybe just telling them that nothing is different and DONT YOU DARE come talk to me about it because I don't want to. I've accepted it and moved on. I want to tell everyone except my family. Blarg.

All advice I have received so far is to tell my family first but I don't want to so I'm stuck.

Help

2. Trentacles

Have you told your brother? I would probably start there if he's gay and ask his opinion

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That being the case, allow me to offer you something different...tell your friends first.

Keep in mind that every parent knows that their children will tell other people almost EVERYTHING before they bring it to them, unless they are super close or their child has literally no friends.

If you want to come out to friends then do it. Get used to it and then work on your parents later.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was gonna say this but you beat me to the punch.

5. Will2M

The problem is that I am not close at all to my brother. Like I'd rather tell friends>parents>brother