1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a little help maybe :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hopefuly23, Apr 17, 2014.

1. hopefuly23

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all im here for some help.Im coming to terms with my sexuality and its been getting quite difficult lately (feeling scared and alone).Ive always as a male,been into girls and guys and Ive pushed the part where Im into guys away since i was 21 well Ive learned to accept it (somewhat),being raised a strict Christian doesn't always help,and only a few family and friends know about it,.....soo that brings me to two questions,

1.must i come out fully

2.how can i meet people like me? (as my friend circle is quite small) and if coming out is not a must can I meet them (have relationships i.e friends/boyfriend without others knowing,

I know the forum might get flooded with questions like these but any advise would mean the world to me.

2. Trentacles

1. no. just tell the people you want. forget the rest.
    2. i know nothing about harrisburg but if its a large city you could maybe go to some gay clubs or try online dating. i don't have any experience with either so someone correct me if thats bad advice.

3. Kabuki

I think you should come out if you feel comfortable with it. And there is no need to tell everyone, just those you feel can accept you and give you support. The least you need right now is people rejecting you and making you feel bad about yourself.

As for dating I agree with Swimmer. Gay bars is mostly the best option. You can try online dating apps, but I feel that people in those apps look for hook ups and you say you want a boyfriend. As for friends there is no problem if you specify what you're looking for, as in, interested in making friends.

4. hopefuly23

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you kabuki

coming out is very difficult because i live in a very prejudiced community
    and rejection % is close to almost everyone i know

is there ways to meet people with out exposing my identity to everyone,just to bi/gay men. to me that is what a gay bar will mean around here everyone knows everyone

5. Kabuki

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Do you have brothers or sisters to talk about this things? If you do, how is your relationship with them? Sometimes talking to a brother or sister is good. Personally I have a similar problem, my mom is very christian, and I actually am too, so I find it very hard to tell her. The only thing that I have that alleviates me a bit is that my older sister is a lesbian, and even though my mom is not accepting of her orientation she still loves her and they talk about everything regarding my sisters relationships. So, yeah, I understand you completely. But, if you feel that no one is worth coming out, then for the time being keep it to yourself.

Now, my problem is that being bisexual means liking both, so the dreams of my mom about me being with a girl will still be possible to happen. But, what if it doesn't, what if I fall deeply in love with a guy and disappoint her. I don't know if you have this thought too but, these thought chain me to only pursue a relationship with girls.

Regarding relationships on your part, you could give it a try to sites that promote gay relationships. I can't give out any names but, some sites can allow you to interact with others without exposing yourself.

Just remember, if you feel lonely, you have us here, we may be anonymous, but we share same experiences, fears, etc. So you can just vent here and I'm sure many will gladly chat and help you, me included. :slight_smile:

6. hopefuly23

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wow i thought i was alone but apparently not your situation is identical to mine from the way you explained it,i also have a lesbian sister and my mom is the same. i used to talk with my sister and she understood me however she cut me off in her life for a unknown reason.i think it has to do with her vicodin habit :frowning2: but anywhoo i will be doing a search for those sites you speak of do you think you could pm me with a search suggestion :wink: im really in the dark when it comes to this.basicaly you could call me a newb bisexual lol

7. Kabuki

:grin: you see, people feel that the things they are living only has happened to them and feel completely lost. And here we are going through the same things. Regarding your sister, it's a shame she cut off with you but, she haves her problem so their's not much you can do apart of maybe calling her and asking how she is.(Depends if she lives with on the same house or not.) Also, I never asked, but do you live with your parents?

As for the sites, I'm still not able to pm until I become a full member, for that you need to have post atleast 50 times and be a member for 2 weeks if I'm not on the wrong here. I don't know if it's allowed to send them on the wall though so I guess I need to confirm that first. But, in general look for social media sites.

Also, don't feel bad about being a newb because I realized I was bisexual a couple of weeks ago. I always thought I liked only guys, but after analyzing my life and with realizing that the crush I had with some girls were real and not made up I realized I liked them too and that made me happy(because of my family situation).So your not alone on that one either (*hug*)

8. hopefuly23

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    its a load off my shoulders dont worry about the sites im sure googles my friend lol
    but yes I live with my folks and its a bit awkward to say the least because they have a inkling my mom knows for sure,and yes thats how i was to thinking only i was attracted to one gender but you've truly opened my eyes and for that i thank you again, sorry for seeming like a total suckup its just this day has been a bit of a milestone for me ! getting all emotional up in here lol (*hug*)

ps may i add you to my friends list i think ill be uising this forum quite often lol

#8 hopefuly23, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. Kabuki

You're welcome (*hug*)
    I completely understand, I live with my mom too and I'm pretty sure she know something, she just has never asked about it.

Also, don't feel bad everyone has days like that. I'm glad I was of some help, and I just send you a friend request. I'm glad you'll be here more, it's a very helpful place, very supportive and best of all, you feel at home here once you get used to it.

10. hopefuly23

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes i can see that already!:icon_bigg well may you have a awesome day im gonna get away from my screen a bit and contemplate life :lol: take care!

11. Kabuki

Thank you :slight_smile: Have a wonderful day too and remember that you are not alone on this (*hug*)