1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to school psychologist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Equalist, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Hey everybody,

Yesterday was an extremely tough day for me when a guy I've been texting consistently for three weeks called it off on me almost out of nowhere. I'm still extremely hurt by this, and I can feel it's going to take time for me to get over. I've never been in a relationship before, and what we had seemed to be going so well. Turns our it wasn't going so well on his side, but he definitely seemed to pretend it was, and he admitted that he was somewhat leading me on but did not want to do it because he still thought I was a great guy, the distance between us was just too much.

Anyway, it's been extremely painful for me since yesterday morning, and this morning from the spur of the moment, I decided I needed to talk to somebody and went to my school's psychologist. For me, my decision resulted from a mix of feeling so hurt and not knowing how to move on. Even in this instance when it seemed so certain that a relationship was possible, I still failed. The guy I was talking to told me that I need to experiment with somebody, and he said it's "not cute" when I'm inexperienced such as being a virgin, never kissed a guy, ect. And it seems this ideal might be more common than I thought when it comes to relationships. The problem is I want experience, but I want it to be with somebody I care about. But I can't get this experience if nobody gives me a chance.

So I told the psychologist everything; I've never opened up to anybody like this before, but I am so hurt, so lonely, so sad, that I felt I needed to. I'm happy I did. He listened to me and he seemed to really understand what I was going through. I have another meeting with him scheduled for May 1st because he said I did describe symptoms of depression. This is technically the first time I have come out to anybody; I have never told anybody to their face that I'm gay. I'm not ashamed, I just think the attention I'll receive is unnecessary.

Just thought I should share this. I'm dying for a meaningful relationship. I really thought one was forming, but it wasn't on his end. And now I'm seeking the help I need to get over this and how to move forward in terms of dealing with my lack of experience and pursuing a relationship.

2. Trentacles

It seems a bit dickish to for him ditch someone because they are inexperienced. I don't think it was an issue with you so much as him. I mean he could have been a little patient or something and he didn't really give you a chance IMO. I would just look for someone new ( granted I know you like him so that's not at all easy). But yeah, sorry mate.

3. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Well he cut me off mostly because of the distance thing. He wanted to give me a chance, but the distance is just a little too much, it would require too much driving. I really can't blame him, because distance kind of is a problem, I was just a little more willing to deal with it than he was, because I liked him a little more I guess. As angry and hurt as I was at first, I really just can't be mad at him for it. I only wish that he just never got into it with me in the first place, but he was a bit confused about it and wanted to try because he liked me. I really find it tragic, but I have to move on now. :frowning2: