1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JennyKeys, Apr 17, 2014.

1. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wanted to come out to some friends last night, but I just couldn't do it. My one friend that does know even got everyone to hang out on a Wednesday night so I could tell them all at once. But I just couldn't bring it up. I don't even know how I'd go about doing it anyway or what I'd even say. Since then I've been questioning whether or not I should even tell people at all. I don't think I can handle it.

2. lovely lesbian

It's never easy to come out because you don't know how people will react but hopefully your friends will be supportive and be there for you.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. You should come out when you feel ready and if you are not at that stage yet then so be it. There is no rush:slight_smile: Instead of coming out to everyone at once, you could do it individually. A room full of people can be intimidating. Or if you can't do it in person then write them each a letter.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you do come out, it is usually all about timing. You have to find the right time in the right conversation and the right mood otherwise the news will appear more dramatic than it need be.

Try not to be in too much of a hurry. There is no requirement for to come out urgently and you should only do so when you feel ready.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming out to a big group of friends is allot at once. Don't feel bad. I have been taking the one at a time approach even if its through text or in person with my best friend (who knows) and its working out ok. Slower but maybe easier to gain more confidence?