1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gotta tell my homie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam2, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So I'm thinking about telling my best friend I'm gay. He lives a state away so i figure if he's uncomfortable he can be away from me and think. We've been friends since we were little. unlike some of my other friends I don't have romantic/sexual feelings for him. after all we've been through he's like family. And he's told me that he doesn't care what I do when he's not there (when i asked him "Hypothetically" what he would do if i was gay)

But as if that wasn't enough reason to think he wouldn't care, he and I are always ripping on each other. I make fun of him for being black, he makes fun of me for being Jewish. (And as long as i don't use the N word and he doesn't use the K word) we just laugh it off. He used to call me a faggot a lot, after i asked him this "Hypothetical" question he has not said it once. which makes me wonder if he's catching on, and doesn't want to take things too far. But I'm still very nervous, I've had too many bad experiences. I'm thinking of just going for broke and saying it when i next call him up. Any advice?
    If i do, and I'm seriously considering it. I'll post how it goes

2. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My best friend has known about me since high school and was pretty much the first person I told. It works out since he's been pretty much the only friend I've never developed feelings for. He's black too (I'm asian), and we've always thrown playful slurs around every once in a while. Although ever since I came out to him I noticed he never uses the word faggot around me, even though I told him I don't mind. Aside from that I don't think any part of our friendship has ever changed.

If you guys have been friends since you were little it probably won't change the way he thinks about you. And it sounds like something you'd really like to get off your chest.

Here's a funny coming out story (not mine) that I found on reddit. It's told through text, you might find it reassuring or maybe worth a laugh: Trying to come out to my skeptical friend... - Imgur

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go for it. A true friend will stand by you through a hurricane!

Just give some thought to how you will say it to him.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like me and my friend...I'm Jewish, he's black, we give each other lots of shit about everything, and he's been totally supportive ever since I came out to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.