1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just When I Thought It Was Over

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Davey, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Davey

So I was so happy. I thought this was finally over. I had him behind me. He had a girlfriend and I was happy for him. Then he deleted his MySpace and forgetting about him became so much easier.

Then like a week ago he created a new MySpace and added me. I thought 'Hey this will be okay. I'm over him.'

WRONG!​

I started seeing the pictures of him and his girlfriend, they are just so cute together and he is always smiling in the pictures and he never smiles....SEE WHAT I MEAN!

I know there are countless threads like this I just needed to type it out you know. I have tried everything but somehow he keeps popping back up! I don't want to like him like this anymore. Its started to scare me. I feel stalker like almost. I don't like go to his house or anything but every time I see him smiling I smile and it just scares me! He has a girlfriend so I don't need to like him like this anymore. I tried the whole deleting his MySpace thing but it doesn't stop me from thinking about him. Its starting to wear me thin. School starts back up in a month and I don't want to go through this all for another year.

Like I said I'm sure many will skip this because everyone goes through this and blah blah blah. I just wanted to write it out.

2. biisme

I'm sorry. (*hug*)

It sounds like you still have feelings for him. I actually can't think of anything you could do besides trying to occupy yourself (think of other things) and just giving it time. Is there one hobby you really like, or anything that you're really passionate about?

I would suggest trying to not spend a lot of time around him.

3. Cool Beans

It's hard to make yourself stop liking someone. Getting some separation between the two of you tends to help, but it's not completely effective. When I catch myself thinking about my crush in that way (which is often), I just shake myself out of it and try to do or think about something else. It hurts like hell, but I'm managing to get on with my life; I just take it one day at a time. I guess I'm lucky that he's going off to college in the fall, so I won't have to see him at school every day. It seems that you don't have that "advantage" (it's kind of subjective, considering that the guy is apparently your friend), so I recommend branching out. Make more friends and try to limit the time you spend around him. It won't take away the feelings, but it'll make them less overwhelming, hopefully.

I hope some of this is helpful, although it's probably just late-night rambling...

4. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't think many people do that...do they? :confused:

And yeah, I agree with the others. You can get over it, maybe try to find something else to do cuz I know it does take a long time to get over someone :tears:

5. Davey

i read alot.
    thats how i forget things.
    he's not really a friend but in alot of my school classes.
    and i run into him at fairs and stores alot.
    its like hes freaking everywhere
    sometimes i think there are more than one of him!
    -_-

6. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    There are...? Just kidding. Mostly...

Anyways I'm sorry but try your best :slight_smile:

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're gonna need more time to get over him. Stop visiting his myspace page. Focus your attention on your other friends, on making new friends, whatever else. Eventually, he'll slide back into "friend" status. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lex is right. I'm doing that currently and it is working more or less. It's only if he texts me or something that I slip back into my feelings for him. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
    How long ago did you break up?

9. panda

Time. Time. Time. Time. Time. In time the feelings will pass.

10. byeee

That's what everybody says, but it's not as simple as that.

I'm almost in the same situation as Davey, so I can confess to how hard that is. I tried putting some distance between us before school was over- he never let me. I was just sick of him being so cold and uncaring that I didn't want to go on with that.

Holidays. He doesn't talk to me for a month and I'm totally depressed.
    A friend comes to town, I finally manage to be happy for a couple days. He sends me a message and makes me feel like crap again.
    Camp. 2 weeks with no internet and I'm starting to get better. Another message and it all goes down the drain.

I changed my IM address, deleted my Facebook so he has no way of getting to me anymore. I'm sick of him telling me how he's going trekking to meet new chicks. Just sick of it.
    I wish it was over faster- but it's not.

Some people are just not worth it... I also hope time will heal everything, but until then...

11. berileos

berileos Guest

One of my friends has a similar problem,but she wasn't in a relationship(and that's much easier).I keep telling her that she could think about the things she doesn't like about him rather than things she likes...and it's helping(after 5 long years).She's not having crush on him anymore although she sees him everywhere...He's not better than you,he's just one of a million that you will remember in your life...

12. ashleysmall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The only thing that works for me when Im trying to get over a crush is keeping my mind busy. go out with friends. spend time with family. keep urself overbooked with plans. When you have nothing to do and are sitting home looking at myspace is when it gets worse. You cant help but think about things since you have nothing else to do. When you start going out having fun maybe meeting new people, things will get much better. in my experience anyways

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>That's what everybody says, but it's not as simple as that.

It is actually as simple as that. That doesn't mean it's that time is gonna be easy to get through, but that IS the one thing that does heal all wounds.

The key is to make the time go faster. Get busy, stay social, keep at it.

Lex