1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littlemonster11, Apr 19, 2014.

1. littlemonster11

So I'm still not sure what to consider myself, although I'm thinking I could be bi. Like, I do find guys attractive, but I find myself looking at girls a little more. I've never dated a girl before and have never "done it" with anyone whatsoever. All I've done is kiss a guy. My first question is that, having the experience I have (or lack thereof), what should I consider myself? I don't particularly like labels, I just hate not knowing what I am if that makes sense..

I already decided that the first person I'm coming out to is my grandmother. She has said to me before that it didn't change the way she felt about her grandchildren if any of us were gay/bi/etc. My other question is should I come out at all if I'm not really sure what I am myself?

2. Munyal

I'd say for now you are either bisexual, or more likely in a Limbo stage where you don't really know what you are. I would focus less on labels for now until you figure things out. Since your grandma seems so accepting, maybe you can talk to her to help figure out how you feel. If you really need a label, Questioning is a really good one because you are doing just that, or Queer since it encompasses a lot.

3. Destiel

Hey there!

Now, the first thing you should think about; do you still like guys? If that is a yes then it doesn't matter if you 'lean' for lack of a better term, more to girls. Some people are bisexual and have a preference for one sex over the other but are still sexually/romantically attracted to both, which happens to pansexuals and other such sexualities as well.

And as for the lack of experience? That doesn't matter! I myself know my sexuality and I still haven't gotten down and dirty with anyone yet. When you know, you know. So don't stress that bit at all, it'll all come in due time.

And from what I see you've posted you do believe you are not straight. Even if your not entirely sure of your sexuality yet you can at least - if you want to tell someone - tell them you are questioning. Don't try to rush yourself and label yourself to quickly. I tried to label myself and it took me four years to realize I was pansexual. So don't rush it, it'll come and you will realize just who you can define yourself as.

Hope I helped! And if you need more help I'm always here! (*hug*)

Live long and prosper! ~Destiel

4. thrnvlpidj

You can't label yourself until you're sure what you are. Tell your grandmother you are questioning; she may have some insight for you.

5. littlemonster11

Everyone's input has been very helpful :slight_smile: Thank y'all!!