1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared that More people know......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolf123, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some reason I have gotten my first panic attack after not having them for a little while. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that two people have figured out I like girls. While I am relieved that they didn't make a huge deal, I feel weird that 2 other people know. Them finding out was unexpected so.... Part of me would like people to know, but I feel indifferent right now. I am not acting indifferent I just feel it in my body and mind. I feel weird knowing that again 2 people know. I went to work today and one of the girls just treated me the same-the other girl wasn't working. I think it is strange because I assumed that when I would come out people would disown me. I mean before I told my sister, I thought she was going to keep me away from her two children and my brother in law I had no clue what he would do. Then suddenly I came out to them and my brother in law just told me that they wouldn't disown me because I am a great person and they don't care who I like. My sister I know loves me the same and she allows me into her children's lives whom I love so much. I have been there since they were born so I was really scared of not having that bond anymore. I mentioned to my cousin about my feelings and she actually started to cry. She said that she was upset that I would feel this way and that she loves me who ever I like. My mom is okay with it as well and says she loves me regardless. I think the weird thing is everyone has had a completely different reaction than I thought they would. I feel like this is great, but wow I don't think people realize how emotionally draining it is for me, especially those two co-workers of mine. I mean I am the private type and having two people at work know something so deep about me is scary. I feel scared people knowing something about my childhood and now I am scared of them finding this out. I think its because I know if people know it becomes a reality and there will be no more hiding. I know it sounds odd, but I am so used to hiding. It is what I have done all my life. Now suddenly some people know this about me and I am kind of in shock. I am not letting myself get too worked up over this until possibly summer because I have school and need to keep my grades up in order to graduate. I just think this is scary and my body and mind feels it.