1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Everything will] GOT INTO RES [Work Out in the End] *Do need Help*

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InaRut, Jul 29, 2008.

1. InaRut

Hey Everyone!
    I do have great news. Me+residence watchlist? NO MORE! It looks like I made it. Position 42 to 0. God that's a big stress relief. Now I have my courses selected, a place to live, and osap now all I have to do is get myself ready and supplied...and panic.

I sorta had it kept in my brain that university was a while away. That as long as I wasn't in res I didn't have to think about it. But now I've gotten into res...I started thinking about sharing a bunk bed with someone (Which made me laugh because of the step brothers trailer), and sharing a ROOM with someone.

I've posted about it before. The whole being gay...and being a roomate. I mean it's bad enough that I've got mixed emotions about my first GLBT meeting. But what if I have some crazy bible belt American who freakin collects signs from the WBC (If that's the scenario I don't think I'll be comming out.)

So what I was wondering. If I could just hear some succesful gay student at university stories for you guys. I mean comming out to the roomate....being gay around a straight roomate...possibly making out with your once thought straight roomate who happens to have a cute british acent, beautiful green or blue eyes, and dark wavy hair.

Just all you "I've been to university" people tell me your story. Before I worry myself back into the closet :frowning2:!!!

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :roflmao: Phil, you make me laugh! I hope some people do post university coming out stories to relieve some of your stress. However, the same thing happens when you change jobs or do anything new really. I don't think it took my Adam long at all before he was completely out at his new job in Louisiana. ( a freakin' crazy American Bible Belt state!) :roflmao: Everybody was cool with it. You'll be fine. Try not to worry so much and keep on making us laugh! (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phil, you'll be fine. It's going to be alright. Hey, maybe you'll find the special person in your room mate. You never know. :slight_smile:

4. InaRut

Making you laugh? Here's something funny. I tired to post "As straight as possible" in my res facebook group when I found my roomate.

Wanna know how many tries it took to get me to say, "Okay...this is alright."

4 X_x

I'm gonna kill myself with anxiety.

5. InaRut

Now I feel like a total douche.

He's not even my roomate. I just found out he switched.

6. InaRut

And he was really CUTE :frowning2:

7. panda

Phil, When I first entered my dorm room at University of W.........I couldn't believe my luck.
    When i opened the door there lying nakedonthe top bunk was this beautiful green eyed English chap.
    He said to me in his sexy accent " Hello old chap"
    After that............ OH!! Wait a minute this is your fantasy not my story..

Everything will be fine PHIL. Don't worry. Be happy.:thumbsup:

8. InaRut

Oh Panda..How I hate you.

I'm now gonna be a nervous wreck for the next month.

*faints*

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Phil whoever is going to be your roommate is going to see how fun you are to be around and he won't give a crap if you are gay. :slight_smile: Take some deep breaths and relax.

10. InaRut

>_> I know I've got to calm down.

It's just so..BLEGH.
    And then like...RAR

And with a mix of WHYDOESN'TMYOTHERROOMATEPOSTAPICTURE?

*cries* I got to get off EC hahaha

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would think if you get a Bible toting crazy American for a roommate and he gives you any trouble at all, you could request to be moved too. College is going to be so much fun!

12. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phil, Becky said it all :thumbsup:

No worries. You will be fine. Also, and as Becky said, if you do run into a roommate that doesn't respect you or gives you trouble you do have the right to be asked to be moved. Also, if you want, you could contact the GLBT group on campus and ask if there is someone that already has a room. Maybe you could request to share a room with him?

13. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm planing to tell my roommates at the end of the next year(finishing high school).This is going to be a third year with one of my roommates,he never suspected anything...:lol:

14. InaRut

Yea well you see I was on a waitlist for Res. So I think at this point in the game (because mom really wants me in res--Perhaps to "straighten me" <- Just joking) it's slim pickins. Ya know?

I will be contacting the GLBT though. I think I'll have to..because I'm not doing another important part of my life in the closet.

15. byeee

I plan to tell my roommate at the beginning of my second year- which is in about a month. But I think he won't mind at all :slight_smile:

16. InaRut

Hahahahah I know it's a month away. At least I'm not the only one who's comming out to their roommate this year.

Perhaps we should make a sticky for comming out at res?

17. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that complicates it a bit. So that might not be in the cards then for now. But no worries. It will be fine. It's good that you are planning to contact the GLBT group. You are going to be fine. I hope all goes well for you at the university.

18. InaRut

Hey guys I found a picture of my roomate
    [​IMG]

Turns out he's a minister or something. Huh...well I hope he doesn't mind that I'm gay.
    Wonder how well he can chug a beer?

19. berileos

berileos Guest

No comment!

20. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Phil, you're such a fun and cool guy. Your roomate cannot fail to adore you. If he doesn't, he's not worth your time. Seriously, I would love to have you and your cheerfulness in a roomate (IN a roomate? Maybe that came out wrong..) Just be yourself and you'll wow him.