1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrations

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cava, Apr 21, 2014.

1. cava

I had plans to make plans with my S.O. this past weekend. I miss Him sorely and I was also hoping to talk to Him about my gender identity while I was with Him. Needless to say, plans fell through.

Initially, I was hoping to tell Him before anyone else. He has been so supportive of me the entire time I've known Him. I feel so safe around Him, and I felt that that would be a perfect place to come out about this for the first time. Well, in the time since I mentioned via text that I had something to tell Him next time we met, I've come out to one friend and my two other S.O.'s.

I almost feel guilty for not telling Him first. I know it's silly, but it's still a nagging feeling. I feel frustrated that the plans fell through, and upset because I miss Him, and guilty again because I'm avoiding telling Him and now I'll have to hide it longer. I almost want to just tell Him over text, but I know I'd be more comfortable being able to have that conversation face to face. :bang:

Sorry, just a frustrated rant. I guess I'm not really looking for advice so much, just venting.

Still, I wonder if it's worth it to just text Him and get it off my chest instead of waiting...

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you felt it was that important that you needed to tell him face to face when you made the plan, then tell him face to face.

It might be hard to deal with for now, but it's better than than shitty feeling you'll get once the text is gone and you realise what you really needed was him there to help you through it.

3. cava

As it turns out, I'll probably see Him this friday. I'll have to try to wait until then

4. cava

*Update*
    It went well, not that I was surprised by that. It was another case of "Yeah, I thought that was already a thing." It was a pretty great day overall :slight_smile: