1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle bullying outside of school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trentacles, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Trentacles

So how are you supposed to handle guys bullying you outside of school? :help: Like there's clearly not enough time to call 999 and explain the situation and i would feel like a twit for doing so anyway. the school doesn't care since it's not their grounds so not their problem.

trying to fight when i'm out numbered seemed like a poor life choice. trying to ignore them didn't do shit. trying to talk to them didn't do shit either. am i really just supposed to run and hope for the best? :rolle:

2. Yosia

Thats actually bad that the school dont care off property, my school cares for safety all the time~

If you know the people who are bullying you then dont call 999 but instead go to a station and explain what is happening, i dont think the bullies will continue when they get a call from the police ^.^

And dont fight, its creates more problems than solves and is a horrible thing to do anyway, just walk away and if they chase and hurt you then they can be really told of or even arrested ^.^

I hope the bullying stops, i hate bullies *hugs*

3. Illus1

Well ehm calling the police might go both ways, either it works or it fails big time, you'd be this huge snitch and the bullies will make your life even more miserable. This is just my experience so idk if it's right and it's certainly not morally upstanding or something I'd do now but at 15 it worked for me. I was bullied a bit just like everyone else and I ignored
    it, sometimes I fought but that rarely worked out well, so what you do is seek out one of the main bully's followers you know the one that you could totally make a fool of (there is always that one not so smart guy in the gang) and infiltrate through him, get him to be your acquaintance (notice I didn't say friend) and let him make you look good. Sometimes this works, sometimes you might have to join them (it is terrible to bully another, but sometimes with guys this is the only way) and just kinda make them know that your not stupid, well with me I helped with scheming and planning because they had a rival bully/gang they were against some sort of miniature version of an East coast - West Coast rivalry and one of my plans worked....

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    bullies are scumbags [but we all know that]

if you are outside school and they are in school uniform it is certainly still a school matter !

If it gets close to physical then it is certainly a matter of assault and therefore the police can be involved. A lawyer I met once said that just the 'fear' of potential assault is a reportable offence.

Reportable either to the school, or Police

The oldest trick, though, is not to rise to their bait - that is just what they want.

And safety first .. avoid them by trying not to be walking alone, or be on a bike for a speedy getaway !!

I once cured a bulling situation by making conversation with the ringleader (I knew his brother ) and it completely defused the situation..

Is there a school counsellor you can talk to? They can also give help.

Good luck and keep us posted !!!

#4 bingostring, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  5. Clay

Tell your mum and your school counselor.

Seriously, the sooner you do this the better. Try speaking to your mum about this now.

6. Trentacles

I sort of told her what happened but didn't go into great detail. She asked if i wanted to talk about things and i obviously said no. She's still talking about forcing me to transfer schools and it's like naff off mum.

7. Clay

Well at least you told her, maybe you could ask her what you should do. I'd also speak to your guidance counselor at school, ask them what you should do. Chances are even if it's going on outside of school the school will still do something.

8. Trentacles

well my brother is supposed to walk me home with me now.

9. Clay

That's good, they'll hopefully leave you alone if you're with him now. :slight_smile:

10. 696d676179

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the first thing you need to do is be honest to everyone about what is happening, you don't want a situation where the police are involved because your patience has reached the limits and you have done something to them because you can bet they will be the first to ring should you retaliate. Anything that is happening in school should be dealt with by the school especially if it is aggravated by any sort of hate concerning sexuality, the police can be involved outside of school but you have to be mindful involving the police depending on what has happened can end up quite serious (like court) so you need to be open and honest with them. Whilst you should not have to sometimes you are the one who needs to change your life and move schools, not nice but you never know you could like another school much more.

I hope everything sorts itself out for you...

11. Trentacles

hi mum. :dry:

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2014 at 08:03 PM ----------

i think i'm kind of done talking about this. cheers guys.