1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in shock...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 2Bornot2B, Apr 21, 2014.

1. 2Bornot2B

I did it. I'm having trouble believing it but I did it. I just told my friend everything. EVERYTHING. For years I've wanted to have someone to talk to about how I felt, and now I do.

He took it so well I thought it was a dream. He was calm and asked a few questions but other than that he was just proud of me for opening up. He didn't care and said nothing would change between us. He gave some advice about opening up to others, when i'm ready anyway. But now i'm not alone. Someone else now knows my secret.

How do I feel? Shock and awe. I'm ecstatic like the banana(!) and terrified like a mouse. But mostly, I feel relief. Releif that i'm finally opening up.

As he put it, "You're coming around turn 1, by opening up to people. Go at your own pace, and get to the finish line." I like his Nascar analogy. It just seems to fit, besides we like Nascar.:grin:

Just thought i'd share. And for everyone else who hasn't started opening up, it feels like the world is off your shoulders.:icon_wink

2. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome :slight_smile: I am as happy as this banana (!)(*hug*)

3. Daniel003

Well done
    And i know the feeling, telling some one just makes it so much easier