1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this friend of mine...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sayitforreals, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sayitforreals

no really it's not me. it's a friend.

i suppose what i am looking for here is your opinions on his relationship. which sounds kinda mean, and i realize i shouldn't judge his relationship, but he is one of my besties and to be perfectly honest i'm really worried he is going to get hurt.

BUT here's the story.
    a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine (we will call him nate) met a boy (we will call him lance). so the first night they met each other they made out a few times, and at the end of the night they were "dating." however lance told my friend nate that he had been recently talking to another boy and if things worked out with this other boy then lance would leave nate.
    so anyways they continued dating and about a week into their "relationship" i was hanging out with nate. he told me the story of him and lance and at some point lance called. i wasn't on the phone and i didn't hear any of the conversation except that it ended with "i love you."

i said something about the "ily" and he got pissed off so i dropped it.

some time after nate and lance started dating and before i talked to nate my friend allie told me about lance calling her. apparently lance had called her and told her he liked her and she was 'hot'. then a few days ago lance starts texting my male best friend jason and asking jason to call him and text him. Nate knew about all of it and was just okay with it.

Lance leaves for the navy tomorrow and apparently told nate that if things continue like they are then he wants nate to move to the naval base with him.

also i learned today that they have had sex and everything else....

BUT
    is it bad that i am worried about him. i mean this guy just seems like he is flirting with everything and it seems like everything moved so fast and a lot of this probably seems really random but i am really just looking for your opinions and how you would react. would you be worried too?

(sorry if that was confusing)

2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

woahh. tough one. ive now got life is wonderful in my head lol.
    i get what you mean but at the end of the day if your friend knows that hes flirting with other people then theres not much you can do.
    if you are worried enough then you have to have it out with him - but then you have to be prepared that hes not gonna like you interfering.
    i think the best thing you can do is just be there as a friend and let him come to you in his own time.

3. sayitforreals

yeah. i'm glad you guys find this relationship.. a bit 'odd' as well. and i really worry about really talking to him about it because he is soo infatuated with this guy AND when i said something about the 'i love you' he got all pissed off. and he kept saying "i know you're just worried about me and i appreciate it, BUT BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH, I DONT FOLLOW ANYONE ELSES RULES, ILL LOVE WHOEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE! BITCH BITCH BITCH..." so i dropped it..

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
  6. sayitforreals

i'm really trying now, but i can't help but worry?