1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father in denial

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayNurse95, Apr 22, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was around 13-14, I noticed I liked other girls. I first felt this when I was about 6, but it came back. I kept it hidden, fearing judgement. Anyhow, I liked other girls, again. To cope with it, I decided to be like a man. I crossed dressed. And I enjoyed it. More and more, I hated my female side and wanted to be a boy more and more everyday. I had to be careful, knowing it was strange ti dress as the other gender. I made up excuses to get my dad to get me boys clothes. I wore a lot of the same stuff, but i felt secure. My dad and my step mom (His GF at the time) picked up on it. They made me dress in girly clothes, which I hated. They had me see a counselor to cope with the issues, even though I never came out to them. Eventually, the hatred of my feminine side faded. I still liked other girls, but tried to make myself like men, so I wouldn't be judged. I hid. I accepted myself as Bi, and believed it.
    So, I came out to my dad multiple times. That I was a trans. And I wasn't comfortable with it, even after the "phase". To this day. He still denies it.
    I came out to him as bi awhile back (When I thought I was but I'm actually not).
    He didn't believe me. He said I was confused and wrong.
    I know I posted something like this before.
    However, I fear he will discover I am a lesbian.
    uff da. This is tricky. Why is he doing this?
    HALP!

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe have a long talk and explain to you how you came out to this point, how you found out, how long you've been feeling this way... Explain the whole process, even tell him how you feel by speaking to him, and why you think it's not a "sin" or something. Ask him not to interrupt you.
    You can also write a letter, if you don't think he'll listen you if you discuss it face to face. Many people come out through letters. :wink: