1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

closet door must be stuck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam2, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So i finally told my best friend I'm gay. He didn't believe me at first, just asked if i was messing with him. but he basically just said "Props bro!" and said nothing would change, Out of excitement i told another friend of mine (also lives in a different state) He also didn't care. Said something like "damn.. so what I'm confused about is how we've been friends this long and this is the first I'm hearing of it." can't believe they both were so supportive (!)

2 down, many more to go. I don't know how to tell people though. I always try to wait till it works with the conversation. most recently, the 2nd friend i told was laughing at me saying something like "How is it you don't have a girlfriend!? damn bro you must be too scared to ask a girl out" i just said "Hahahaha no, not scared. just gay" Gotta say it feels so great to tell people, to know that (even if it is just 2 people) i don't have to lie to everyone anymore. one person at a time. I feel like I'm trying to kick this closet door down, but its got some big nails keeping it shut (figuratively speaking of course)

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! And yeah, I do the same thing, just waiting until it comes up in conversation. It feels natural and comfortable but the wait can be agonizing.

3. Silver Sparrow

Working it into conversation can be a great way to come out. Are there any ways you could bring up the subject yourself?

4. JohnB

I like the title. I kinda knew what to expect, but it didn't really matter because I was just looking forward to reading it. Glad I did. Great sense of humor, guy. Lol. A star for you.

.....uhh if I knew how to make one. How about a smile. :slight_smile:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lmao when I first read this I was such a dumb ass and I thought u were talking about your closet door like running off the railing. Lmao :roflmao: but yes that's really sweet they were both supportive if it's this good most people will be sweetie pies to u as well. And if there not then get them the hell out of your life bc you're awesome and u know it now have a great day and hold your head up high (*hug*) :kiss: :thumbsup:

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to come out the same way now Sam. I don't make a special effort to tell people, but if a conversation provides the opportunity to tell people I'm gay, I just do it. It feels more natural to me and that's got to be the idea.

If you want people to know quicker, you could ask them if they have time for a quick chat and make a point of telling them, but honestly, if you are happy to drop it into conversation keep it up. :eusa_clap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.