1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess i've come out, now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MathMan, Apr 24, 2014.

1. MathMan

Hey everyone,

I've recently come out to pretty much all my friends and family( like 18 people ) and I was wondering what my next step would be. I really want to "get out there", but I don't know how is best. I live just outside of asheville, so should I just hop down to a gay club? But I feel a club may not be my ideal hangout...but I think I would enjoy them..maybe a bar..I don't really dance, sooo yeah.

I'm pretty nerdy I suppose, I play video games a lot, have a custom built gaming pc( mostly play xbox one though), love magic the gathering, all types of science fiction media, but i also like to throw parties with plenty of liquor lol

My work place is gay friendly, but i haven't come out there yet, mostly because it just feels odd to bring up something of that nature there. plus its a warehouse factory setting and even though it's asheville, some of the people are pretty homophobic.

So what should I do to start meeting people and stuff? any suggestions from people who have come out and experienced this would be appreciated!!

2. Emberblaze

Aaaah, THIS old question. After fretting about coming out for so long and then you're FINALLY out the closet, and then it's like, what now.....

Heheh, well, that's basically it. If you want to meet other gay guys, IIII dunno. Maybe search your area for more LGBT hang out spots if you don't wanna got to a bar or a club. I don't blame you for not wanting to, because I'm basically the same XD I hate large social scenes like that.

My best advice would be to do an internet search for any lgbt places around your area heheh.