1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it adviceable to come out using text?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by winboy, Apr 24, 2014.

1. winboy

One day day as i was thinking of my luv to my gayluv
    an idea came to me to me.The idea waz to tell the boy
    i luv that i had feelings for him.After i had texted him telling
    him of how luved,he replied to me saying dat he was not gay
    I knew he was lying.did i came out using wrong method?:confused::icon_sad:

2. Niko

No you didn't come out using the wrong method. If you truly believe he's lying, then he's most likely in denial. Not everyone at that age can accept themselves so willingly. You tried, and that's all you can do really. :\

3. antimacy

It was very brave of you to share that! So good on you for feeling comfortable expressing yourself.

If the other person didn't reciprocate that, there's not a lot you can do. Maybe he's telling the truth, maybe he's unsure, or maybe he's not comfortable with sharing his feelings. There's no way for anyone to know for sure except for him! For now, just be a good friend to him.

4. Ditz

Some people take bit longer to accept their sexuality... Meaning you might be ok with yours, but someone else your age might not be comfortable with theirs. When I was your age I totally denied that I was gay, even though deep inside I knew I was... So maybe your friend is just not ready to accept his sexuality or it could be that maybe he is not gay. So chin up, there will be lots of other opportunities to meet guys and fall in love in the future!!!