1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, just totally chickened out...again...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stewbert, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Stewbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    After reading all the incredibly helpful threads on here I had a plan for coming out to the parents...then they showed up and I completely choked. :bang:

2. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unlucky mate!

Don't worry, although it may feel like you will pull out every time. There will come a time you let it out.

Have you perhaps considered a letter? Texting them? I consider telling someone face to face the hardest way about it. Perhaps you might find it easier using a different way.

3. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that feeling... Several times, I have "planned" to come out to certain friends, and I always chicken out when I actually see them staring back at me. I hope to change this soon, though. Working my way toward coming out to my best friend currently.

4. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Pfft, it doesn't really matter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your sexuality and who you are shouldn't matter to anyone else, and should only be told when you are 100% ready to. If you "choked" then you must have had some second thoughts, and so you played it safe and decided to re-think it. Good luck for whenever you do come out ^^