1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out under stress

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darlig ulv, Apr 25, 2014.

1. darlig ulv

So a couple of weeks ago I went on a retreat with my choir to prepare for a big performance. And there are these girls (some from the section I'm from) who I was hanging out with during the weekend. And some of them had this notion that there was tension between a me and a close friend who I hadn't yet told. So finally, at the performance they decided to interrogate me about whether I liked her or not, I kept telling them to go away until finally, they asked if I'm gay. I kept leaving, but now they literally had me in a corner. After several minutes I cracked, and everyone felt awful, and the friend of mine was standing behind us, and in five minutes we would have to get on stage in front of two thousand people.

Now they're avoiding me because they're too embarrassed, and I honestly don't want them to feel bad. They're nice people who happen to be silly teens without boundaries. Only two people in the choir knew beforehand, but now it's a thing. They're all nice, accepting people, I know I won't be shunned, not to mention that there is another gay guy who's quite popular. So there's no real backlash, just uncomfortable tension. And I hate tension, it wrings at my gut more than anything.

2. Trentacles

Yeah. Girls can be relentless on these things. Speaking from experience it really sucks to get cornered like that. I would personally just let them feel bad. You did nothing wrong