1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like a GENIUS! I figured something out about myself that might be of use to u

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

Well maybe it'll help you out if you're anything like me. I just an "Aha!" moment as I was laying in bed browsing EC on my iTouch.

I figured something out about myself which is freaking amazing because I'm my own riddle and I suck at riddles.

I blame puberty. Lol.

Anyways...

The main reason I'm afraid to tell anyone outside of cyberspace (especially family) that I'm bi is because I won't have control anymore.

I won't be able to control how much they know about me, how they'll look at me or interact with me, I won't be able to control how they react, what they'll say about me; etc. and without SOME control over people and situations I panic and lose my wits.

A sizable chunk of my happiness i guess will be in the hands of people. I'm a teenager so I probably care more about what people think of me than I should.

But I just can't find myself trusting ANYONE that I know with my secret. I have trust issues for some reason even though I've never really been seriously betrayed. Weird.

So now I know what my problem is, there's just finding the solution.

How do I let my guard down and trust people with this enormous black hole of a secret of mine?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

2. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

Re: I feel like a GENIUS! I figured something out about myself that might be of use t

I have trust issues too, but have been able to tell random people (mostly online people) that I like girls. The people in person only know because I've been with them or because they have seen me with a girl...I don't trust others either...so yeah same issue?

3. Mind Freak

Re: I feel like a GENIUS! I figured something out about myself that might be of use t

Sounds like it.
    But at least you've told people! :slight_smile:

4. -Michael-

iPod Touch

There is no such thing as an iTouch...

5. sdc91

Yeah, actually that's why I only really felt comfortable coming out to my family members. I've only come out to one friend and my roommate, because once it's outside the family (or inside some families...), then it's pretty much out to everyone.

6. Re: I feel like a GENIUS! I figured something out about myself that might be of use t

I see what you're saying about happiness being in other people's hands. But, the thing is, as long as we care what other people think (which, to some extent, we always will) that's the way it is. Not only with sexuality- with the way we dress, the way we act, everything. I think there comes a point when you just say "You know what, I don't care," and go with it. I think that just takes time, though.

Is there really no one you can tell? Maybe a girl, who wouldn't freak out (cause a guy might think you like them, if they're narrowminded or uneducated or whatever) or just someone you're really, really close to?

(On a side note, I have an iPod touch- one of my friends likes to call it the iTouchMyselfAtNight)

7. Mind Freak

I just put iTouch cause I was too lazy to put the iPod part in there.
    Thanks for the advice guys. :slight_smile: