1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreading next monday

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexandra18, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Alexandra18

Hey,

So, not really sure what i want to say here.. i guess i need some support.
    I'm coming out to my sister and her boyfriend next monday.
    I already told my dad and his wife, they reacted fine, they don't have a problem with it whatsoever.
    BUT, i'm reeaallyy afraid to come out to my sister. The thing is, she's not against gay people or anything, it's just that i think she'll have a problem with ME being gay.
    I think this because a few years ago i have been diagnosed with a personality disorder. Ever since then she has been (in my opinion) kind of obsessive about me. Like, in the concerned way, but not a happy concerned way.. If that makes any sense.
    Ever since the diagnosis she's been paying very close attention to everything i say, and if it maby possibly has something to do with the pd, she says i shouldn't think like that, or shouldn't act that way or whatever.
    So, why am i afraid to come out to her?
    It's because i think she'll think: 'Ow god, here we go again, she has another "problem". I bet it's just a phase and she just says it so get attention.'
    I'm probably overthinking this way to much, but talking this over with my dad he thinks she may react the way i think she will. *Anxiety increases.*
    But, i'm also tired of keeping the "secret". I don't want to keep getting questions about when i will finally get a boyfriend.

Anyway, i hope she'll react in a good way.
    I really don't want to do it though...