1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking of coming out to my supervisor at work....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RENThead, Jul 31, 2008.

1. RENThead

well my supervisor is leaving in 3 days, he has always annoyed the crap out of me, but in a friendly way. i like him better than all the others.

he has always called me a theatre fag, (because im into theatre - he didnt know i was gay) i questioned him about it, and he said he didnt think i was. (and i wouldnt have admitted it if he did ask me then)

but he leaves on saturday, and i was thinking/wanting to write a little note to give to him, saying something like, you were right, i am. and give it to him, i will probably never see him again, and he wouldnt tell anyone at work,
    i just dont know how to word it... he is very... witty, so i wanted something smart (and im not)

any idea's?

2. Smiley1123

Well, since he is leaving and you seem somewhat comfortable telling him I think that you should tell him. You may never see him again, but maybe telling him will make him feel like you trust him and maybe want to stay friends. If he reacts badly then guess what? You're not going to see him again so it'll be okay.

Although if he is calling you a theatre fag, he may be a bit homophobic. Was he kidding or was he serious? If he was serious then prepare for the worst. But remember its okay because you are probably never going to see him again.

3. hairdye

perhaps something like,
    i want you to know, i really am a fag (or gay).
    "After all, tomorrow is another day!" -Scarlett O'Hara, "Gone with the Wind".

which gives the opportunity, if he is as clever as you say to reply,
    "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

that'd be funny and cute. is he gay?

4. RENThead

he says theatre fag as a joke....
    and has started calling me TF and now i get tee fee (because i wont let him call me fefe)

his not gay, ive met his wife and daughter..

i dunno if i want to write him a note, or tell him to his face.
    i think i want to see his reaction, but i dont want to say it... just watch him read it.