1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out as genderfluid to some internet friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Argent, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Argent

I used to roleplay regularly on a certain forum, but have been absent for awhile. I'd like to come back, but it will be awkward because I've been gone awhile.

It's a very small, tight community and pretty much everyone on the forum knows everyone else. The site owner says he feels like everyone there is "family" and treats us accordingly. I'd like to come back, but I also have this strong urge to, if I come back, let everyone there know what I've been thinking about my gender identity lately. The forum has anti-discrimination rules and I think almost everyone there would be fine with it, plus coming out online to a bunch of internet friends seems easier than real-life people, since if need be I can cut all ties and leave, since no one there has any personal contact info for me save for two people who know my email.

The problem is, I'm not 100% sure what my Gender Identity actually is (that's kind of why I signed up for EC, to try and figure that out) so while I'd like to tell them "I'm genderfluid," I'm not quite ready to label myself as such yet, despite some really strong feelings of resonance with that identity and a good amount of time spent thinking about it.

Anyway...I have this post prepared and ready to go if I do decide to come back. Mind looking it over and giving feedback?

Post is reproduced below:
    What I'm missing here is 100% confidence with telling everyone "I am genderfluid," because I'm not totally sure yet. Thoughts? Advice?

#1 Argent, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. Magenta Mucus

Okay, just tell them. It seems like a very well-put-together script there. And a lot of people with confusing sexuality has some doubt now and then.

3. Reby

Reby Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I definitely think you should tell them. Everything you said is well-written and informative without sharing too much. If you decide to post it be sure to check in and let us know how it goes.