1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Familys Views Have Changed... somewhat

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ClydeThePanda, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ClydeThePanda

Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I was making breakfast the other day,and I overheard my aunt and grandfather having a conversation... about gays, my aunt was saying that there was nothing wrong about being gay and that they are born that way, which was out of character for her but I was glad to hear it none the less.Surprisingly my grandfather agreed, which surprised me aswell.It made me happy to hear this from them since they had been homophobic in the past, but then somehow they started to change the topic to bisezuals(the category that I happen to fall under) and how they were "unnatural" and were good-for-nothing sinners and trash in the name of god, etc.This really let me down considering I was thinking of coming out to them soon.Should I try to educate them on bisexuality, or should I just give up on trying their views.Also should I come out to them at all considering their views?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should probably just eat your breakfast and be happy that they will some day think of you as "Just gay and OK" once you decide which sex you will pair up with, if you pair up homosexually; if heterosexually, they will simply enjoy playing with their grandkids.