1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I'm scared of coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm scared that I'll come out as gay or lesbian and end up falling for a guy or discovering I'm bi.

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So wait until you truly figure yourself out before you come out...there's really no rush. You do it when you feel comfortable and you know exactly who you are :slight_smile: Knowing who you are is not something that's going to happen overnight...especially with something as fluid as sexuality. Be patient and keep talking to us on EC! we'll help you figure it out! :grin:

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I worry about that too sometimes but you have to remember that in the long run, it doesn't matter if you identify as gay or bi. Your sexuality is yours. Be proud either way. Take your time:slight_smile:

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I commented yesterday, you can come out as "not straight." That covers all the possibilities...

5. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't tell them then. That way if you end up liking guys (and are possibly bi even if only for silly hook-ups) no worries. But you might not like the weight on the shoulders stuff.

6. Alexandra18

i feel exactly the same way. I already told my dad i'm not straight, but i'm afraid that maby in 10 years or whatever, i'll fall in love with a guy, and then i'd have to go through this whole proces again..