1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready to come out but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Haddz, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Haddz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really want to come out. My parents will be fine with it but the rest of my family is really conservative and could cause drama or worse. I'm 30 and disabled and the people I'm concerned about helped me out a lot.

I need advice and also needed just to speak my my mind here.

2. Archibald

Archibald Guest

Hello haddz

I to have conservative parents. They did take some time to come around though. These people you speak of, if they are your friends then they should accept you for who you are. As for your other family members, tell the ones who you trust the most, then tell the others

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it is great that you are ready to come out. Knowing that your parents will be accepting, I would suggest that you start coming out to them first. Once you are out to your parents, you could always try to enlist their support for coming out to other family members. Do you think, or feel, that if your parents would lend their support, that some family members might slowly come around to it, once you are out to them?

4. Haddz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, they won't slowly come around. They are still mad at my mom for marrying an atheist and that was 30+ years ago. If my parents support me like I know they will, it will cut my mom off from her family.