1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to come out but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolfiee, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could be open about my sexuality. Although I'm still uncertain about my labels and all that jazz, I know for sure I'm not straight.

My family is Christian (so am I, but I support LGBT) and they are homophobic, so I don't know if I'll ever come out to them, at least while I'm still under their roof.

I have a few friends who are Christian as well but I don't know their views on homosexuality, even people who aren't Christian, I am uncertain about their views.

There is one person I know who has a gay friend, but I'm too scared to talk to her about my sexuality. I just don't know how to bring it up and I don't want her telling people, I'm still in school (a Christian school I should add) and the last thing I need is to be condemned by people in my school for just my sexual orientation.

I have no idea who to turn to, that's why I joined this website, but I wish I could just tell it to someone face-to-face and get it off my chest. I have a psychologist but she's Christian and I'm seeing a GP as well soon who is most likely Christian because my mum only wants me to talk about my anxiety and depression issues to a strictly Christian person which annoys me, because I don't know if I can talk sexuality there, even though I know it would be confidential stuff between me and them, but there's a possibility I could be condemned by a psych or doctor as well.

Sometimes I just hate society.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how old you are, but it sounds like you really need some freedom to make choices and decisions of your own. It sounds rather oppressive. While you are living under their roof and need their support it might be best to keep quiet.

If you need to talk about your sexuality at least you have an outlet here.

3. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm only 17 and I'm still in school so it's going to be a little while until I can move out and feel more free about myself.