1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I grow a thicker skin?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Whenever I try to come out everyone questions my sexuality. Even when they don't say it at first, they later tell me that they think I might end up with a man. This causes me to have huge panic attacks.

I know I should care what they think, but that's the way I am right now. Part of the reason this happens is because I'm not that secure in my sexuality. If I was 100% sure of my sexuality I probably would just get annoyed.

Because of all this crap I've avoided coming out for a few years. I know I'll have to start coming out when I start dating. I just don't know how to deal with the skeptics. The worst thing is is that some of the skeptics tease me about being gay, but then later say that they don't believe I'm gay. WTF???

#1 ChromeNerd, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. TurnerDogg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, they're fucking with you.

3. BelleFromHell

I have the same problem. I don't have the guts to come out to anyone because I feel uncomfortable saying the words lesbian and gay in front of other people.

^^ Eeyup.