1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tylerksub, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I am completely Freaking out right now.
    *this is going be a very ugly rambling so feel free to skip to the end question*

Ok, i have officially lost my cool. Parents decided to have a chat with me when i got home from work. Mother told me about all her kids. "She has 5 including me but i'm my fathers only child" She told me storys about how each of them left the house. Step brother #1 thought he could hold his alcohol at age 16 and came home to argue with her. He ended up slapping her and was kicked out of the house. Step brother #2 also drank but thought he could curse around her and was kicked out to live with his father at 15 but ended up living with friends. Step sister #1 thought she was better then them and parents were tired of her attitude and was kicked out at 16. My Youngest step sister "#2" Left willingly at the age of 18 to live with her boyfriend, they have two kids now and shes not yet married. *Parents hate her decisions but hate the guy even more* None of that really means anything because i can find it reasonable but it just shows me that they are not new to the idea of leaving there kids to fend for themselves.

They have always threatened kicking me out but the way things have been going recently i am scarred that i wont have anywhere to go. Ive never talked to people anymore then needed *mostly yes or no's* so i have no friends and i dont know any family. I'm really tempted to come out to them but i KNOW my father will get physical and i will be out of this house before i regain consciousness. My question is if there are any places i can go if i am kicked out of the house like a shelter or something. I will not be telling them i'm Gay until i'm out of this house for good but they might still kick me out.

~~~~Considerably shorter version~~~~~~~~
    My parents have kicked all of my step-brothers/sisters out of the house already and i fear i'll be next. If i come out to them i know i'll be homeless instantly so i'm just not going to try. If or when i am kicked out is there any shelters i can go to or is 16 too old? LGBT related or not, all i think about is what i will do when it happens and i do believe it will. Aside from a place to sleep and eat my parents have no money put away for my education so thats not an issue.
    :eusa_booh

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I am sorry that you are fearing of being kicked out. It is sad that parents kick out their children (including step-children).

If you are fearing of being kicked out and fear that your dad might become physical, it might be a good idea not to come out to them yet. Maybe try coming out to them when you are financially independent. Like this if they do kick you out (which I hope they will not do) you do have some financial resources to fall back on. If you do have a job at the moment, try to save some money as well, which might come in handy later on. If you don't have one at the moment, maybe try getting a part time job.

There are youth homes that do take in youths who are without a home. It might be worthwhile looking into it, just so that you are prepared. They will take you in. Try to look up a couple of places.

But I do hope that it won't come to that and that you will be able to stay with your parents.

Hope this helps!

#2 Mirko, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  3. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Friends? If that happens, have you considered coming out to any of your friends at all, maybe one might be able to help you.

Salvation Army!

Do you have grandparents that you could move in with, or any other relatives?

Law enforcement/social services works nicely in some cases. After all, you are a minor.

4. ashleysmall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So sorry to hear about this situation. I would definately go online and look up local shelters and youth homes in your area now. Just in case something does happen then you will know where you could go. Hopefully you will never need to, but at least you would be a little prepared.

I would definately consider waiting until you are out of the house and totally independant before coming out. You need to look out for yourself.

5. Amy

Amy

there are alot of shelters that will take anyone, no matter how old you are. batered women and children's shelters in my area do take anyone that they can, but i would check other places first. social scervices wold deffinatly help you, too. make sure you have a deffinant plan, actually move out, then tell them. that way you are independent, and have all of your possestions.

good luck!

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Tyler.... you are one state away from me. I have connections. I'm going to PM you with my phone number. Try not to worry, ok?

7. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

Oh my gosh, Becky, I know I haven't been here long to get to know you well and this may not be the place, but I have thank you so much for all that you are doing. I wish that all LGBT children had parents who were so accepting, so caring, so supportive. Your advice is always fantastic and you make such an excellent effort to help where you can. I don't even know what to say... I guess my point is just that I appreciate what you do for us more than words can describe, and I wish that more people were like you. The world would definitely be a much better place.

8. jony8472

Wow...
    There's not much to say...
    I'm sorry to hear all that=(

Is there a reason they're threatening you? I agree, maybe don't come out just yet, but maybe talk through with them what the problem is. I mean, you're going down the same path as your siblings? Alcohol and cursing and the likes? Just try and find out what the problem is.

Other than that, yeh, explore all your options, try and find a family member (grandparent, aunt/uncle or what about one of your step-siblings, or their parents?)

Hope something helped,
    Hoping everything works out well!!

9. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I've never drank alcohol or smoked. I've never been in a fight or stole. Its been summer so all i've been doing is house work and my job. They work at same place so they know what i am doing at all times. They know somethings up and i am a horrible liar in general, to my parents its just pathetic. I think they threaten to keep me safe but they did the same to my mothers kids and followed through, I will be no exception.

I've looked into shelters in my area and i'm not really sure what i found. It looks like there is one or maybe two but its not anything like i thought. I was thinking Prosute of Happyness style. Just like a Church basement where i could stay as long i need, but what i'm think i found is a 30 day place aimed at getting me back in with them and i know if they kick me out i will not be allowed back.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you! (*hug*) Tyler you would not have to live in a church basement. I know several PFLAG moms up there in Washington. Do remember too, this is a worst case scenario. You are probably worried and upset about something that is not going to happen. Just know that if it does, you are not alone. I PM'd you my phone number. Just call me.

11. cm25

cm25 Guest

I hope you're parents don't react badly!!! Good luck!! And becky u r a gray person and thatnk you for fighting for our rights and helping us through the struggles! I know give posted alot of helpful responses in my threads! Thanks so much u r the best! :slight_smile:

12. SkyTears

My mom has told me if any of my friends are in need to let them into our house with open arms so yes there are people in Washington like Becky says.

13. Derek the Wolf

I would not recommend coming out to them until after you've left the house. Don't feel obligated to tell them the truth, from what I understand, you should have no reason to. There are plenty of places you can stay (I would offer you my home if you lived close by), like Becky said. Remember, even if your parents don't accept you for who you are, it doesn't mean you can't be accepted. There are a lot of us out there that are here for you, and we do want to help you. You are loved. Good luck with them. (*hug*)

14. cityboy340

Originally: OC, California Now: Baltimore/DC
    My advice would be to keep the peace until you are out, because if you have nowhere to go, then that could ruin your life. I hope your situation gets at least a little better. At least you have EC!