1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OneProblem, Apr 28, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    I want to tell my friend so I have someone to talk about it and stuff. I just don't know how. I think I would do it via text though but I don't think that really matters. It would just be nice to get some help on how to tell her because she could help me talk to people better or help me get to know my crush even. Any help would be appreciated!

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any idea how your friend will react? If she has already indicated support then it should be fairly easy to tell her. If you don't know where she stands though it might be a good idea to test the water with a few conversations about LGBT issues first. If she responds positively, then you should be fine telling her that you are gay.

3. Emmanuella

I told my friends in different ways... a few by text, a few in person...I even posted something on Facebook at one point. It all boils down to how you think your friend will react. Do you know what your friend's thoughts are on the LGBT community? Do they have any other gay/lesbian friends or family? Are they very liberal?
    I'm a chicken...but for friends that I am "less sure" about, I tend to come out by text. That way I don't have to deal with their awkward or surprised reactions face to face.

Sorry, I'm quite sure this post didn't help at all...:eusa_clap

4. OneProblem

Ok, well just said it to my friend. I feel happy and also embarrassed and a whole lot of different emotions right now. I just hope that she's supportive since I couldn't find out how she reacted. I now long for the next text that she sends.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for telling her. Any response from her yet?

6. OneProblem

Yup! She says she was proud of me which was nice to hear. I felt pretty good the rest of that day! ^-^