1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird idea...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berileos, Aug 1, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

I think my dreams are trying to tell me something(I wasn't having a nightmare this time).I was dreaming about an old friend(which isn't my friend anymore),and he had a car crash,so they called me to hospital.I didn't want to go...Then this morning,I came up with a question.If a gay guy survives an Amnesia,would he be gay after it?If gayness comes from gens,he probably will...but what if he learned to be gay in his life?I can't find an answer...Any help?:help:

P.S.I know that the dream and my question don't really have a connection...but I caught myself a few times to realize the point of a dream...

2. -Michael-

I suppose the only way to get an answer is for it to happen...

any volunteers?

3. Trumpetplyer23

I don't think a gay guy would forget he was gay if he was struck with Amnesia.

Why? Because being gay is part of his chemistry. I mean, if he was struck with Amnesia (except in extreme cases) he wouldn't forget he was male, right?

Amnesia can vary, depending on the injury and stuff. There is anterograde amnesia, where the victim has no form of short term memory (if anyone has seen the movie Memento, they know what I'm talking about). I believe it takes a lot of impact to have really bad amnesia. But I'm no doctor :slight_smile:

4. jony8472

Ohh, I love deep thoughts like this=P

I don't think anyone's ever gonna be able to say if sexuality is nurture or nature, it'll turn into a chicken or the egg paradox.

However, I don't think it's just nurture, because people who are gay come from just as varied backgrounds as people who are straight=)

So, I think it has to do with the sub-concious mind (but that's just a feeling of mine><) so yeh, I think depending on how in touch with yourself will determine if you end up gay again, but it'll probably be like the rest of your life... it could end up nearly the same, or you could never remember anything...

5. berileos

berileos Guest

What about brain damage(not that I'm suggesting something)?If gayness is a part of our psyche,it can be cured...by modifying brain or something...Do you know an example of a gay who had a serious head accident?I usually come up with smart things in my dreams...but this is unexplainable...

6. -Michael-

Chicken or the egg?....The egg...

Something had to evolve into the chicken therefore the creature who did had to have a CHCIKEN egg :slight_smile:

Anyway...

What about the people who have like heart transplants and suddenly know how to play guitar....just like the person who donated it could :slight_smile:

Ever been like a gay version?

7. berileos

berileos Guest

Never gonna happen...

8. Trumpetplyer23

Way back when, in America, we had 'mental institutions', that would attempt to cure such mental disease such as paranoid schizophrenia and mulitiple personality disorders with treatments such as shock therapy (they send a good amount of electricty through your body, in an attempt to 'cure you) and lobotomies (they drill a hole in your head).

Homosexuality was treated as a mental disease at one point, so mental institutions tried to cure gays the same way they tried to cure schizophreniacs. With lobotomies and shock therapy.

Then, the APA (American Psychology Association) decided that lobotomies and shock therapy was cruel and unusual. They also decided that homosexuality is not a mental problem.

This is just in America, mind you, I don't know about any other country.

The thing with shock therapy is not only does being shocked hurt like hell, it can kill you. If used in a great amount, the electricty will travel to your brain and shut it down.

And lobotomies caused a lot of brain damage because of the fact that you were getting a hole drilled in your head.

Brain damage can cause you to lose feeling in your body, (like, your right hand will feel numb forever) it can cause you to lose mental capacity, affect your ability to accomplish easy tasks, and can even cause you to go into a 'vegtable' state, where you have no control over your body. This is referred to as 'brain dead' and is usually caused in very serious causes of brain damage.

So...What I'm trying to say, is that any form of brain damage won't cure homosexuality, using the things that I've learned (yet again, I'm not a doctor). And, being brain dead doesn't cure anything, it just means that your brain has no function at all.

But, this is a very interesting thought that you had. I never really considered brain damage and homosexuality.

Another thing, in order to know what can or can not cure homosexuality, we have to know what causes it. Whether if it be nurture or nature or whatever.

9. -Michael-

Has happened....