1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which way is better

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by me123, Apr 28, 2014.

1. me123

So I am highly debating coming out to one of my friends in the very near future. I just don't know the best way to go about it. I am trying to decide if I want to like sit down and just be like, okay, here is whats up. Oooor, if I want to slide it into conversation somewhere and just see what the reaction is. She is very openly gay herself so I don't see it being a problem or anything, but I just don't want it to be awkward.

Any suggestions?

2. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would just come right out and say it

3. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Being more up front is less likely to cause confusion and help your "situation." If you try and be like, "Oh dem sports teams, I'm gay, how about dem." I would expect to see a few.. confused looks.

Come out to friends, don't come out to friends, whatever :3 Best of luck regardless! ^^

4. mln123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As your friend is openly gay, I'd say use whichever approach you prefer. It doesn't really matter, she will be over the moon when she hears the news.

5. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Yeah I am pretty sure they will just be really happy that you are willing to be open and trust them enough to know.

6. me123

Thanks. I am sure it will go fine. I feel like she knows because she always tries to have these beat around the bush conversations about it haha. Its just weird to think of just saying. I know she will be excited though.