1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by its, Apr 28, 2014.

1. its

its

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wanna address two issues here.

I came out to my friend about being bisexual. I decided not to say anything about my gender identity, just to test the waters a bit. She's totally fine with this.

Issue #1:

I don't want to seem like an attention sucker when I tell her that I feel like a guy on the inside. When I play it out in my mind, I totally regret not telling her when I first came out to her. How do I tell her this without seeming needy, or even worse, like I'm lying?

Issue #2:

I may also have a crush as big as the universe. On her. This is a really awkward situation to be in. She is so awesome, and pretty, and smart, and I seriously want to run up to her and kiss her every moment I see her, and then :***: .
    I don't.
    But I want to.
    What I'm asking is: how do I either tell her this or get over this crush? She is, as far as I know, straight, and I don't want to make our relationship, even as friends, feel strange.

I hope that maybe one of you may have advice on either of these dilemmas, or maybe you have had a similar experience (hopefully you haven't. It's not a good one).

Thanks!

-Its

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I tell her this without seeming needy, or even worse, like I'm lying?

By ignoring this possibility.

Seriously, you aren't asking for her permission to feel this way, you are just telling her that this is how you feel. If she doesn't believe you or thinks it's attention it's annoying but is ultimately HER problem. After all if the feelings remain and you start to transition it's not going to take her long to realise she was wrong there.

Having said that if she is the understanding friend you hope she is then it should be a problem. I told both my parents, my brother and my friends I was bi before I told them I'm trans with varying degrees of success.

Just tell her honestly. What you told her is still true but you were scared to tell anyone the really big thing, but you feel like you can trust her.

As for the second one...no idea xD