1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustAGamerGirl, Apr 29, 2014.

1. I need help and advices. I am a 15 year old girl and I consider myself kinda "bisexual-curious" although I know a lot hates that label. But I am just really confused and insecure. I have never been in a relationship with anyone, never kissed, never had a REAL crush. And I have though of myself as straight for my whole life acctually, but lately I have thought about kissing girls and read fanfics and taken some quizes. But I have just thought about it for a couple of weeks. Is it a phase, how long before I know?

2. nyxe

Aw, bby.
    Take a deep breath. Its all good, my friend.
    If you aren't comfortable with labels, hey, that's fine. Not everyone feels like they fit in a certain category and that's perfectly acceptable.
    I can't tell you whether you're bi or not. It could be a phase, or it might not. I know with myself, just talking to my bi friends about it really helped. I recommend talking to a close friend about it. They know you better than I do :slight_smile:

3. Perfection

Honestly, it sometimes takes a while to accept yourself. It took me four-five years just to accept that I was not-straight. Then, it took me another year to accept my true sexuality. If I were you, I would consider who you see yourself to be. I also took a lot of those internet quizzes, but they're not really the best resource, so I wouldn't take their results as the total truth. They might point you in the right direction, but they aren't 100% accurate 100% of the time. My main advice, though, is to consider who you are for a while. It takes time to accept yourself. If you are comfortable with not coming out for a while, then don't come out. Think about who you are before you tell yourself. Coming out is not always the answer. If you want to tell a trusted ally or a couple trusted allies before coming out to the world, then tell them. That way you will have friends who can help you with your journey; however, be sure that you trust them. If you are comfortable with coming out to the world, then come out. Since you said that you are not sure of what your sexuality is, I would come out as queer, questioning, curious, or not 100% straight. These general terms are sometimes better to use because it makes it easier to come out again once you've discovered yourself. In conclusion, no matter how you define yourself or what you choose to do, good luck! Every choice has its benefits, and I am positive that you will make the perfect choice for you. I hope that you are able to discover yourself and that you are able to successfully come out without much backlash. I hope that I could be helpful, but even if you ignore everything that I said in this post, I hope that you remember that all of the members on this site fully support you no matter who you are. And, we will all always be here for you! I wish you the best of luck!

4. Thank you, I will not ignore it, don' worry. :slight_smile:
    I talked to my two best friends last night about this and I just don't know if this is a phase or not, but I am going to give it more time and maybe tell my parents when I am closer to a conclusion than I am now.