1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Opture, May 1, 2014.

1. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys.
    So I'm moving this year to a big city, and a new school. I recently had a visiting day at the school, even made some new friends already! and it got me thinking... I've recently admitted to myself that I'm not bisexual, I'm really just gay. And I dot know how to deal with being out about it? I'm very masculine, no one ever "guesses" I'm attracted to guys until I tell them. I usually get along with everyone but I prefer the "straight" crowd over very flamboyant or very "out n proud" people. The thing is that I don't want to fake that I'm straight (which will prolly be expected of me due to my personality appearance and friend group) but I'm also scared of being out and losing friends or being bullied. All this stuf is stressing me out cos I don't know what to do... It makes me feel ashamed of being gay and I don't want to feel that way.
    Does anyone have any tips or suggestions or anything??
    Thank you for reading.

Ps I'm 16 by the way. I will be going into 11th grade next yr

2. nyxe

I'm certain that you'll find bunches of people who'll love and accept you. It's great that you've already made some friends! I don't know for your new school, because I know some can be generally be more accepting than others, but even if there are some people who won't accept you, there's gonna be people who will. (And being very masculine could keep those who don't from trying to start anything with you :wink:)

3. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Make sure you have a true friend, i just came out to my friend yesterday and he still likes me. It also turns out that i like him. But i didnt tell him. He told me he accepts me as a friend even thought im gay. The other 2 friends i told didnt mind. In total i have told 2 of my friends and this guy. Just remember after you tell idk if this would happen to you but it felt great to get that secret off my chest. Also since you state that your bi. That could be tough because if you tell a guy or girl your bi. Some could probably think that you have a guy crush at that moment and other guys could consider it that your gay since you have feelings for a guy. I don't know... If whatever i said would help. But Stay Strong - RvP BTW im only 14

#3 RvP, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014